Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

“How was your summer?” “Literary!”



Poet Jennifer Clark & bookseller Pamela Grath

Here is the Dog Ears Books Summer 2015 season in review, a season that featured fourteen very special bookstore guests. My thanks once again to all of these writers and artists, as well as to those who found time to attend readings, signings, and workshops.

June 17: Ellen Airgood, THE EDUCATION OF IVY BLAKE (YA fiction), 7 p.m.

June 25: Holly Wren Spaulding, PILGRIM (poetry), 4 p.m.

June 30: Anne-Marie Oomen, LOVE, SEX, & 4-H (memoir), 3-5 p.m.

July 8: Jennifer Clark, NECESSARY CLEARINGS (poetry), 3 p.m.

July 25: David Greenwald, THE WICHITA MOUNTAIN MANHUNT (fiction), 3-5 p.m.

July 28: Loreen Niewenhuis, A 1,000-MILE GREAT LAKES ISLAND ADVENTURE (nonfiction), 3-5 p.m.

August 5: Barbara Stark-Nemon, EVEN IN DARKNESS (historical fiction), 7 p.m.

August 8: Ken Scott, THE BACK PAGES (photography), noon - 1 p.m.

August 9: Jerry Dennis & Glenn Wolff, A WALK IN THE ANIMAL KINGDOM (nonfiction), 1-3 p.m.

August 16: Ross Biddiscombe, RYDER CUP REVEALED, 12:30-2:20 p.m.

August 27: Luisa Lang Owen, CASUALTY OF WAR: A CHILDHOOD REMEMBERED (WWII memoir), 7 p.m.

September 3: Susan Gilbreath Lane & Steve Gilbreath, DIGNITY OF DUTY: JOURNALS OF ERASMUS CORWIN GILBREATH, 1861-1898 (nonfiction - Civil War through Spanish-American War), 7 p.m.

STILL TO COME --

Wednesday, October 14, at NOON: Bonnie Jo Campbell, MOTHERS, TELL YOUR DAUGHTERS (fiction)

In short, I kept very busy! How was your summer?




3 comments:

Dawn said...

The summer...my first summer of freedom...just flew by, jam backed as it was for me too. I'm glad I got to attend one of your events! Wasn't the whole summer just WONDERFUL?

P. J. Grath said...

Dawn, you came a long way to visit Dog Ears Books, and I certainly appreciate that. It was really good to see you in person, too, when so much of the year we have only virtual conversations. I enjoyed your summer of freedom vicariously. Can't believe asters are already blooming....

Dawn said...

I guess I should resign myself to fall. Reluctant to let the summer go.